Interest Based Ads
- Technologies used on this site
- Controlling cookies
- About advertisements of ours that you might see on other websites
- Opting out of advertising-related tracking
Technologies used on this site
Cookies (small files our servers might place on your computer) and other passive technologies are used on this website to track visitors and their behaviors, in particular for the following reasons:
- To recognize current and past visitors and their browsers/settings
- So more personalized content can be presented to you on this site and to otherwise improve your site experience
- So that customized content and advertising can be presented to you (whether on this website or others that you visit)
- So that we can better understand our audience and their interests.
How you control cookies depends on the type of cookie being used. You may configure your browser to reject standard browser cookies. Among the technologies that may be used (including by third-party vendors who display our ads on third party websites) are flash cookies, which are similar to traditional cookies except that they reside in Adobe Flash Player. Your browser security settings will thus not affect them. To control the use of flash cookies, go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. If you configure your computer to block cookies, you may not be able to access certain website functionality.
About advertisements of ours that you might see on other websites
We also work with online advertising companies to provide you with advertising –on this site and other third party sites that you visit – that is as relevant and useful as possible. These ads may be based on information you submit on our site or third party sites, or your activities or behaviors on our site or on third party sites. The information gathered may be used to serve you with advertisements on this site or on third party websites.
Opting out of advertising-related tracking
All of the third party vendors with whom we work to engage in the advertising-related tracking described here participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their behavior tracked for serving advertising content. To opt out, and to learn more about the program, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.